• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Continuing Problem with Estate in Colorado

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

janebez

Nothing has changed since I posted my message (A bad business) on 1-25. My mother is more confused than ever, and my brother believes there will be no probate of our Mother's estate when she dies. He has talked of putting the estate back into a trust and getting rid of the business he set up with her $325,000+ and his $12,000; nothing has happened. It is impossible to talk to him or her about this. Will her will have to be probated in Colorado with her main house mixed up in the business? Is there some "out" here? This has been going on for three years, and we still do not know what is going on with them. I'm still open for suggestions? Does anyone have any?

A

advisor10

JULY 17, 2001

DEAR JANEBEZ:

Your mother's will will be probated in whatever state the death occurs in, but that is not the main concern while she is still alive.

It appears that you don't agree with the business deal your mother has made with your brother. But the potential heirs have no right to intervene in this situation, since your mother has the right to make any business deal she wants to.

You really do need to speak with a business law attorney about this situation, since this is not a probate matter. Or better yet, you need to consult with an attorney who is experienced with trusts, so that whatever it is you want to be accomplished with your mother's assets after her death will become a reality instead of wishful thinking. With the right strategy you can plan in advance.

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">