• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

are copies of wills valid??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

millermakahahaw

What is the name of your state? Hi. My friend and I only have copies of the wills we made in Pa. We left everything to each other and nothing to our children we both have from previous marriages . I called the attorney in Pa. who made the will and he said he does not have the original and in Pa. a copy is not honored. I called an attorney in Hawaii and he told me copies ARE honored in Hawaii but did not know if a copy from Pa. would be honored the same as one from Hi. Is this true? thanx

HomeGuru

millermakahahaw said:
What is the name of your state? Hi. My friend and I only have copies of the wills we made in Pa. We left everything to each other and nothing to our children we both have from previous marriages . I called the attorney in Pa. who made the will and he said he does not have the original and in Pa. a copy is not honored. I called an attorney in Hawaii and he told me copies ARE honored in Hawaii but did not know if a copy from Pa. would be honored the same as one from Hi. Is this true? thanx
**A: please do not start a new thread on the same subject. Go back to your initial thread and use the post reply feature.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">