• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

copy of trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommyor3

What is the name of your state? az
My grandmother passed away last year. My mom has asked me to help her she is elderly and gets confussed. Anyways her brother has called her about selling the house after not talking since g-ma passed. Then my mom went to the courthouse and found a trust on record but they don't keep a copy of it. She is wondering how she can get a copy of the trust. How do you locate the co. who made the trust i have looked them up on the web and have found nothing. Is there any kind of legal help i could find my mother. This is a very unusual situation. My uncle was taking money from my grandma before she passed. He is not a very honest person. So, my mom is thinking he was commiting fraud. :confused: Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am sorry ahead of time for being confussed. Just need help going in the correct direction.

Dandy Don

What is the title of this trust and exactly what specific information was available at the courthouse?

What is the name of the company who made the trust and what city would they be in?

If you haven't done so you need to visit the county courthouse probate court to see if ANYONE has filed any papers to open up your grandmother's estate. Brother may have opened up the estate or may have hired an attorney to do so. Are there likely to be other assets that need to be probated besides the house?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

mommyor3

so far all i know is the co is TF arizona benefits I really don't know where they are from. It was created in 1994. I think he probably has had an attorney and that is why he finally contacted her. Could he have already taken the money from it. I didn't see the copy as she lives 80 miles away. but i can tell her what to go ask for. Thank you for your help.

mommyor3

found

I found who made the trust. The person who actually did it for my grandparents. Thing is the co. he worked for went out of business:eek: So, no one has a copy. Is there a way to have the trustee supenoed to bring the copy of the trust to the court or to my mother. We know there is one we know when and who made it. The court hasn't been a whole lot of help.

Dandy Don

She needs to be contacting a trust attorney to find out if she has the right in Arizona to request a copy of the trust (IF she is named beneficiary in it) directly from the trustee by sending the trustee a certified letter.

mommyor3

she has and must not have that right then :( because he said without a copy we don't have a case but if we can get a copy we would have a very strong case. Thanks.

Dandy Don

Get an attorney to write the letter requesting a copy of the trust and accounting statement and send it by certified mail to the trustee. She must be named as a beneficiary in the trust or the trustee would not be consulting her about it.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">