• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Count Record Events

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AutumnSoleil

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Wisconsin.

In 1999 my mothers husband died and left money to her. In the state of Wisconsin this information is made public. Here is a copy of a page from what is public. I was wondering if you could break this down for me to help me better understand what is being said here. To me it appears to read as if my mothers husband will deposited about $50K each year to her. Can you please help me to understand this? My mother is suffering from dementia and seems to think she has no money for repairs on her house. I don't know if that's true because she doesn't share financial things with the rest of the family. Thank you for your help.

Date Event Court Official
1 10-03-1999 Date of death
Amount
$ 49800.50

Amount
$ 50215.08

Amount
$ 50350.54

Amount
$ 50588.83

Last edited:

curb1

Who is the trustee of the trust? Has anyone seen a copy of the trust? Has there been annual statements from the trust?

AutumnSoleil

Who is the trustee of the trust? Has anyone seen a copy of the trust? Has there been annual statements from the trust?
My mother is very private about all her affairs. No one in the family knows who the trustee is, let alone seen a copy of a trust, so I unfortunately can not answer any of your questions. None of moms children live near her and with the exception of myself, my sister and brother have been estranged from her for years. In speaking with my mom on the phone the past several months, it has become obvious she is suffering from mild dementia. I not dare ask her myself about her financial affairs for fear she will alleniate me as well. Sorry I can't offer more information.

anteater

I would suggest contacting the probate court to ask about getting a copy of the file - or at least enough of it to find out who the trustee is.

ecmst12

You need to consult an attorney, you may need to file for guardianship of your mom if she is unable to care for her own financial needs.

AutumnSoleil

Can anyone explain to me what the information is saying that I've copied and pasted in my first post? In looking it over, it appears as if an amount of about $50K is being deposited to her on a yearly basis. Can anyone yay or nay that? I'd like to be better able to understand what that information is saying. Thank you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Can anyone explain to me what the information is saying that I've copied and pasted in my first post? In looking it over, it appears as if an amount of about $50K is being deposited to her on a yearly basis. Can anyone yay or nay that? I'd like to be better able to understand what that information is saying. Thank you.
That amount is what the trust is worth each year. Not necessarily what is being deposited to her. But just the entire worth of the trust.

curb1

Tell your mother that she has about $50,000 that might be available to her. See how she responds. There is a possibility that she is not aware of the money in the trust. It might need to be accessed for her care.

anteater

It appears that a will provided for establishing a trust. The will was admitted for probate. The probate estate was administered and the trust established. And the trustee has been submitting annual accountings.

As I said, contact the probate court to ask about access to the probate file. Probate files are generally open to public view.

Heck... Contact that "Bellisle, Kirsten." Looks like Kirsten is still the "Register in Probate" for Marinette County.

http://www.marinettecounty.com/departments/?department=7d789cb6839e

Kirsten Bellisle - Register in Probate
Phone: 715-732-7475
Fax: 715-732-7461

AutumnSoleil

Thank you all so very much! One family member actually thought that since the $50K showed up yearly that it meant she received $50K each and every year. Will be glad to get that settled with her once and for all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">