• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cousin Contesting Uncle's Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Adrienne

My Uncle passed away March 18th, 2000. My sister and my cousin are the executors to the will. While my uncle was still alive, he gave his 1992 Lincoln to my sister, because he could not drive it anymore.

In the meantime my cousin had a set of keys and he asked for them back. She said she could not find them or she didn't have them.

Well my uncle passed away 2 months after the car was given to my sister. I heard him give the car to her.

My cousin has retained her own lawyer for a piece of the stupid vehicle. First she wanted the whole car. I told my sister, DO NOT GIVE HER ANYTHING and tell the lawyer that. So she did. Then she said she would contest the will and everyone had to sign a waiver for the car to be put in the estate.
If you didn't sign the car would not be put in the estate, so I didn't sign since I was the first one mentioned at the top of the will. NOW, She came back wanting 1/5 of the car. So I told my sister to give her the back seat. Anyway, I told my sister, who is a very competant person, not to give her anything at all. So this greedy little, you know what, is holding up everything. I think we are going to court over this.
So, I thought what I had coming for money I would spend on a lawyer just to teach her a lesson. To me what I never had I wouldn't miss. I could care less about the money, the car or any of it. Is there any advise for when we do go to court?????? Plus my Uncle is definetly rolling in his grave. He would have never wanted this and now he knows what my cousin is really like.

ALawyer

If I were your Uncle I would be angry too -- at all of you.

The last one I would want my money to go to would be the lawyers! You are being as vindictive and stubborn as that counsin is greedy. And creating a family rift that will last generations over a pittance.

Grow up.

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">