• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thomas gross

My wife and I are in our 70's and live in Tennessee.She has ran her credit card up to some 30K. She recently lost her part time job and we are both on social security and can no longer pay the payments.Her credit card is in her name only and she does not want to file bankruptcy.Our bank account is a joint account with our son on it also.Please help.

Thanks
Thomas.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

thomas gross said:
My wife and I are in our 70's and live in Tennessee.She has ran her credit card up to some 30K. She recently lost her part time job and we are both on social security and can no longer pay the payments.Her credit card is in her name only and she does not want to file bankruptcy.Our bank account is a joint account with our son on it also.Please help.

Thanks
Thomas.
My response:

Well, it's time to divide up the accounts, and open your own separate accounts. She really messed things up for the two of you, and now, her "Golden Years" will be filled with hiding, bill collection phone calls, attorneys, lawsuits, judgments, debtor examinations, and everything else - - and "everything else" comes with a high price tag; e.g., attorney fees, interest, court costs, etc. Her Estate will also be attacked by the creditors - - so even death will not help her to escape, but that one tactic will affect you and your son.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

racer72

I suggest swallowing your pride and filing for bankruptcy. It is either that or having to put up with the living hell of collection agencies calling day and night.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">