• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

creditors and property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fawnee

Hello from Tn.
Here is the situation, my father died and left debt of $3000.00,and a small bank account not hardly enough to cover bills and a piece of property valued under ten thousand,the property is also a shared property with a seperate owner,the taxes and insurance are all in one and shared. I wanted to rent it out to save money for the debt and then go small estate probate to get power of attorney so i could get deed changed over. This would take about two years, seeing how the property will not rent for much but know i think the creditor is trying to beat me to the punch by sending a letter asking us to give info that would help them to file claim against the estate. Can the creditors touch me in anyway until i get their money, can they put a lean on the property and if so can i still rent it out in the mean time. Are they just trying to find out info they could not find out or just trying to use a scare tactic. Please help me i dont have that kind of money on my own to pay now so i am trying to do what i can to save my only legacy. Also can they come after me if i did not file probate but i was able to get what few dollars he did have from his bank,but i used it to repair the property so i could try to rent it.
Please help i am very worried!

Thank you,
Fawn

[This message has been edited by fawnee (edited November 07, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">