• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dad's dead 11 yrs. Will needs to be probated HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Elaine B Bradley

My father died nearly 11 yrs ago. HIs will was never probated. My mom is named as the one to receive all his property. In the will the phrase "without order or report to any court" appears after almost all the instructions. Does that really mean anything? My mom would like to sell the property. Also, what is the difference between common form and solemn form? We are in Georgia.

ALawyer

It's time to see a GA lawyer and get it done right. You want to be able to convey clear title, and given the realities, you'll need a lawyer in your area, unless the value of the property is VERY low so that the GA procedure for simplified estates can be used.

E

Elaine B Bradley

The value for the property is less than $50,000. Does that fall into the VERY low catagory? What is the simplified process you spoke of? My mom's income is very small so if there is any way to avoid attorney's fees, it would be best. Thanks for your quick response. I am very grateful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">