• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dads Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fairywingz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine
Hello everyone. I have a question that I hope someone can answer for me because I have done research after research. My Dad passed away a month ago and I am having a very difficult time, not only with his death but what is to come. I will try to make this story short. My dad met a woman not long after my mom died in 1995. My dad was living in his house at the time but she had him move in with her. To put this bluntly she is called the black widow of the town they live in. Well Her son has been living in my dads house for a few years now and they pay rent ect. Well my dad had a will made out three years ago, before this will was made out he always told me that if something happened to him his house would go to me and than I could sell it and split with my brother. Well That all changed when he had his will made out with his evil girlfriend. No I am not jealous of her, she treated my brother and I awful, but that would take days to tell you all about. My dad told me that he was giving his house to his girlfriend because she would need an extra income, oh did I mention she already gets Social Security and her late husband and other late boyfriends pensions (black Widow for sure). She tried to get my dad pension to at one time but they told him they would have had to have been together for so long or married. Oh well anyway, he said that if something happens to her than my brother and I get the house. Also he has lots of personal belongings as well for instance several guns, Tools that cost alot,, because he was into woodworking when he retired, a truck and tons of other things. We are not being greedy but we hate to see her do this to us like she did the last boyfriend she buried, his kids got nothing!! What do we do my brother and I? I think she is the executor of the will, but dont she have to contact us about it as long as our names are on it? I am so sickened by all of this. To think this woman will get my mother and fathers home that she dont deserve. She is probably busy looking for her next victim as well. Any advice would be helpful before this black widow hides all his things from us. I am upset beyond words. Thanks for your time. :(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine
Hello everyone. I have a question that I hope someone can answer for me because I have done research after research. My Dad passed away a month ago and I am having a very difficult time, not only with his death but what is to come. I will try to make this story short. My dad met a woman not long after my mom died in 1995. My dad was living in his house at the time but she had him move in with her. To put this bluntly she is called the black widow of the town they live in. Well Her son has been living in my dads house for a few years now and they pay rent ect. Well my dad had a will made out three years ago, before this will was made out he always told me that if something happened to him his house would go to me and than I could sell it and split with my brother. Well That all changed when he had his will made out with his evil girlfriend. No I am not jealous of her, she treated my brother and I awful, but that would take days to tell you all about. My dad told me that he was giving his house to his girlfriend because she would need an extra income, oh did I mention she already gets Social Security and her late husband and other late boyfriends pensions (black Widow for sure). She tried to get my dad pension to at one time but they told him they would have had to have been together for so long or married. Oh well anyway, he said that if something happens to her than my brother and I get the house. Also he has lots of personal belongings as well for instance several guns, Tools that cost alot,, because he was into woodworking when he retired, a truck and tons of other things. We are not being greedy but we hate to see her do this to us like she did the last boyfriend she buried, his kids got nothing!! What do we do my brother and I? I think she is the executor of the will, but dont she have to contact us about it as long as our names are on it? I am so sickened by all of this. To think this woman will get my mother and fathers home that she dont deserve. She is probably busy looking for her next victim as well. Any advice would be helpful before this black widow hides all his things from us. I am upset beyond words. Thanks for your time. :(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/wills-trusts-estate-planning-113/dads-will-426265.html

double post

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">