• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daughter of deceased father uninformed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oavani

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

My father died 3 weeks ago. The executor of his Will is his wife. I know he also had a life insurance policy, but that belongs in another forum so I'll ask there.
His wife isn't talking to any of us (his daughters) about anything regarding his Will or life insurance policy. She's very focused on not letting my dad's former business fail now that he is gone. Both my younger sisters are just sitting around waiting for her to say something, or tell us what's going on. Nobody is bothering to ask her questions because we're aware that she wasn't happy about us being his daughters in the first place. His wife was also his accountant and had some kind of claim to his business as well. He has three daughters, including myself, who are living in poverty. My question is, how do I find out what his Will stated? And if she's sitting on it and isn't bothering to execute it, can it be bled dry by debtors over time?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Duplicate Post: https://forum.freeadvice.com/life-insurance-annuities-16/daughter-deceased-father-uninformed-445359.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">