• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daughter in will with maiden name, got married. Do I need a new will?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BudVitoff

My thanks and apologies. It would have been more efficient if I had mentioned all three documents: Will, Durable Power of Attorney, and Health Care Living Will. Is your answer still the same?

I also have a Living Trust document that hasn't been notarized yet. I'm sure that my trusty computer and I can reproduce it with her new name and with the automobile removed from the Trust Property list.

The company that drafted these documents for me told me that yes, they had to be changed. All I had to do is make the changes online and pay them some healthy fees, and they would send me new forms to be notarized. Why am I not surprised?

TinkerBelleLuvr

You should be able to do an addendum just changing the name to the married name. Make sure that it is probably notarized and with the correct number of signatures. Have it added to everyone having the paperwork.

curb1

What problem is there if not notarized and there is not any dispute concerning the trust?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">