• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

death, no will, community property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Redvill

Washington State--- My first husband and I divorced in 1990. He had a home that was inheritated during our marriage which was not community property in Washington State. We had one child together. Three yrs ago he remarried. He was killed in a vehicle in September 2000. He had remorgaged the home for a portion of it's value prior to his re-marriage. He had lived with his new wife for 2 years prior to marriage. He died without a will and her name is not listed on the mortgage and there was not a community agreement in place. I know that his new wife is entitled to the total net community property and 1/2 of the net separate property with my child being entitled to the other 1/2 of the net separate property. My questions is : At what point is community porperty assesed. It is at the time they began living together or is it at the time of marriage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">