• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Death of Partner with no Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wandat

What is the name of your state? Alabama

My question is I have been married to my husband, second marriage, for almost two years. We have no will and I am not on any of our vehicles, mortgage or as beneficiaries on any life insurance. Could someone tell me just for my peace of mind in case of his death would his children from a previous marriage be able to take everything from me or because I am his wife would everything belong to me. He thinks it would, but I disagree because legally I am not listed on anything. Thanks.

Dandy Don

Tell your husband to consult a probate attorney so he can be advised that if your name is on nothing, you will be less likely to be protected. Smartest thing he can do is to have a simple will drawn up that can include you and his children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">