• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deceased brother left no will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cesp4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX My brother recently passed away in another state. My mom passed away 3 yrs ago in TX and left a will thats in the process of being probated. MY questions is if the property that she left him and the promissary note she also left him is in my mother's will does it automatically go to the surviving heirs? Do I need an affad of heirship for the proof of who recieves the money from the promissary note if it states in the will? She list the two children as heirs plus the one who passed. Is this proof of heirship since the will has been recorded? In the other state where my brother passed I did a small estates with the courts and paid for the funeral and was named the person in charged of his stuff, so will the TX courts allow this document that has been recorded, plus our dad signed a waiver of not being interested in his estate?

Last edited:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX My brother recently passed away in another state. My mom passed away 3 yrs ago in TX and left a will thats in the process of being probated. MY questions is if the property that she left him and the promissary note she also left him is in my mother's will does it automatically go to the surviving heirs? Do I need an affad of heirship for the proof of who recieves the money from the promissary note if it states in the will? She list the two children as heirs plus the one who passed. Is this proof of heirship since the will has been recorded? In the other state where my brother passed I did a small estates with the courts and paid for the funeral and was named the person in charged of his stuff, so will the TX courts allow this document that has been recorded, plus our dad signed a waiver of not being interested in his estate?
Does your brother have any children? If he does they would inherit his estate and whatever your mother left him in her will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">