• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deed of parent & step-parent both now deceased

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

I80Baby

My grandfather died 12 years ago leaving all to his wife in his will. My grandmother had
the taxes changed to her name but not the deed. The deed is still in both of their names.
He had 2 children from a previous mariage & she had 4 from previous mariage. After my
grandfather died, we harding ever heard from his children. In May 2001, my grandmother
died & in her will she left everything, including the house to HER 4 children & nothing to his
children. Now, our concern is that the deed was never changed to just her name. Does his
children have any right to the house? My grandmother's son who in executor wants to sell
the house then devide money 4 ways with his siblings. We were going to change the deed into
her name using my grandfathers will as proof of his intent but were told it can't be done
now that she is deceased. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!!

HELP!!

My mother needs her share to find another place to live. She's been living there for about
11 years. Can her siblings force her out so they can get their share now as opposed to waiting
till she found a place? What rights does my mother have?

father-stepmother estate

father dies, in will house split 5 ways 4 children 1 stepson if wife (our stepmother) dies within 60 days. Dad dies day 54 stepmother dies. We get caveat because stepson may think all is his. Do we have any rights to what my father built with my stepmother who he was married to for 19 years. When they bought their house my dad used his money from previous house that we grew up in. We were to get that back that money and remainder of equitity split 5 ways. Before my stepmother died her son took control of my dad's estate. He went through his papers and safety deposit box etc. with mothers permission yet we were not included in any part of my dads personel things. We filed for a caveat and a judge reviewed it and granted it. Now we are waiting to hear from our stepbrothers lawyer. We were on good terms but when something like this happens- no one is really sure what is about to occur.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">