• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deed of Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

njohnson88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

I loaned my uncle money and he turn over his deed of trust to me and I am named as his beneficiary in the deed of trust.

Since then, he has died.

His brothers and sisters want his property and he did not write a will.

Will I have to turn the property over to them?

They want to pay the money back but I would rather keep the house.

My uncle didn't keep the house insured and the taxes are delinquent and the deed of trust states that he must keep the insurance and taxes paid.

He died before making his 1st payment.

Can you help me please?

curb1

First of all, do everything you can to keep everyone happy and communicating. If the situation deteriorates and you have to hire attorneys everyone will lose. There probably isn't enough money in this situation to split it three ways with attorneys. There should be a common sense solution that everyone could understand.

The estate owes bills on the house. You should be able to get back the value (money) of your loan to the uncle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">