• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

delaying will request

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eddie2b4u

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
Our Mother died 1/16/03
I am living in her house, her will states to "sell the house"
can I stay here indeffinetly since I am on disability and can not afford a place of my own?
Thank You for any responses to this request

nextwife

Are there other heirs who are entitled to a portion of the proceeds? If yes, then the answer is up to them whether they are willing to forgo or delay their portion of the estate. Does the estate have sufficient assets to cover any debts or expenses, or was the home sale intended to cover those debts?

And of course, any mortgage now on the property needs to be kept current.

Another option is to offer to buy the home from the estate. Perhaps, if F & C, the other heirs, if close to you, might be willing to let their share of the house be paid out over time via their taking back a mortgage or land contract, IF you are unable to get conventional financing. That is up to them and I have no idea what your relationship is with them.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">