• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deposition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mamacat104

What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband died without a Will. The estate is worth ponly $86,000
I have a sister-in-law causing problems. She went to a lawyer and told him there was a Will and wants me to produce it. I can't produce what I don't have. My husband and I never made any Will.
But that is not all. She has hit me with a lot of personal questions which some of them, My lawyer has objected to as harrassing. They do not pertain to probating the will in any way.
I was told that during the deposition that they are making me do, EVEN if the lawyer objects to a personal question as harrassing, I MUST answer it anyway.

Do you know the Texas law, is this true? that seems soooo wrong! It seems as if her lawyer should have told her that the type questions she is asking him to find out about has NOTHING to do with probating the Estate and ALL it is doing is running up the bill (which goes against the Estate). I am already into my lawyer for over $11,000 and I'm afraid before this is over with, I am going to be into her for over $15,000. It isn't looking good at all.

thanks
Barbara

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">