• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A dirty dispicable act!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BlakJacksinn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin.

Hi everybody,

I'm so ashamed and have a very sick feeling in my stomach that this person is in my family.

My parents bought a four family apt building so that they would have their children here and would be taken care of in their senior years which was a great idea seeing how the elderly are mistreated even in some "classy joints".

So my parents live below me, my sister next door to me and my other sister below her. Woot Woot!! Fun Fun Fun. Its true, you really dont know a person until you live with them. My brother in law next to me is a crackhead and got a good pounding served up to him from my brother in law downstairs from them for pounding on my sister. So my ma and dad kicked out the crackhead only to let him back in 2 months later causing my sister and brother in law that served the pounding to move out. And I dont blame em'. Who wants to live downstairs from scum.

We have another couple (of strangers) living down there now. I'm sorry guys, I have a tendency to ramble, I'll get to it.

My sister (I use the term loosely) had my mother sign a piece of paper and told her it was for the house inspector, so my mom signed it never ever thinking that it was to be filled out later by an "attorney" stating that when my parents pass on she would get the building. Ya, I know, tell me about it.

The only reason my mom got the letter was because she was in the hall when the mail man came and he knows all of us by name so he hands her the letter with her name on it even though it was addressed to my sister's apt #.

So my mom reads this letter and almost has a heart attack. She feels like she was just spit in the face and stabbed in the back by her daughter. So what can be done to her legally. We all trusted her with handling the finances of my parents.

Were gonna take her name off of everything and give her and her crackheaded husband a thirty day notice but my mom wants to press charges. If you knew my mom and dad you wouldn't believe how someone especially a family member could even think of doing something like this.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

st-kitts

My sister (I use the term loosely) had my mother sign a piece of paper and told her it was for the house inspector, so my mom signed it never ever thinking that it was to be filled out later by an "attorney" stating that when my parents pass on she would get the building.
So what can be done to her legally. We all trusted her with handling the finances of my parents.

Were gonnba take her name off of everything and give her and her crackheaded husband a thirty day notice but my mom wants to press charges. If you knew my mom and dad you wouldn't believe how someone especially a family could even think of this.

Thanks for reading.
Since your parents are living, they can change their will in accordances with their wishes today.

Your parents can evict your sister, if they choose, in accordance with the laws of Wisconsin.

If your parents believe a crime was committed they can discuss it with the police.

Good luck.

cyjeff

I wouldn't call the police just yet.

After all, they may be deceitful, but they weren't opening other people's mail, either.

Here's an idea, have your mother and father make out a will stating that any other documents are non binding.

There ya go.

LdiJ

I wouldn't call the police just yet.

After all, they may be deceitful, but they weren't opening other people's mail, either.

Here's an idea, have your mother and father make out a will stating that any other documents are non binding.

There ya go.
She didn't open someone else's mail. It was addressed to mom, but using the sister's apartment number as the address. It's still MOM's mail.

garrula lingua

***Mom should Go see an attorney who specializes in Estate/Probate matters.

Consider buying an hour or two of the attorney's time (bring all your documents, and do a written list of what has happened - prepare for the meeting to keep the attorney time/costs down). Have the attorney review the docs and advise you what corrective action is necessary.

Putting a disclaimer in your will will NOT work, if the house deed was changed, or a quit claim deed was signed. Also, other accounts, which do not pass through probate, may have been changed.

Mom should run her credit report to see if there is any suspicious activity (annualcreditreport.com is the free service), and someone should go over Mom's finances, to ensure there has not been theft of liquid assets.

Maybe it's a good time for Mom to get all her affairs in order.
She should consider completing a Will, Durable or Springing Power of Attorney-Financial, Power of Attorney-Medical, Declaration of Guardianship, Advance Directive, and HIPAA Release.

BlakJacksinn

She didn't open someone else's mail. It was addressed to mom, but using the sister's apartment number as the address. It's still MOM's mail.
I get mail from the V.A. that's addressed to my dad but has my apt # on it because their up there in age and tend to forget about appointments and if I dont know I have to take him he misses out and then we have to reschedule and cant get another appointment for a month sometimes.

Its like this was meant to be ya know. The mailman comes and my mom is in the hallway at the same time. Its rare because my parents are usually still sleeping when he comes.

This would've been kept secret until my parents died. And then she would've lied and said they wanted it that way. Thats the lowest thing that anybody I know has ever done. My parents helped her so many times when she needed money because crackhead blew his paycheck on crack. And this is her gratitude.

BlakJacksinn

Since your parents are living, they can change their will in accordances with their wishes today.

Your parents can evict your sister, if they choose, in accordance with the laws of Wisconsin.

If your parents believe a crime was committed they can discuss it with the police.

Good luck.
Wouldn't something like this be a federal matter? Or would we have to go the police first?

Thanks for chiming in.

ecmst12

Considering your mom signed the paper without reading it, I don’t see how a crime was committed. She needs to concentrate on fixing things now.

anteater

Wouldn't something like this be a federal matter? Or would we have to go the police first?
No, it would not be a "federal matter."

Go to local law enforcement. But don't be surprised if they decline to take criminal action against your sister. Maybe they will; maybe they won't.

You could also try contacting the local office of whatever state agency deals with elder abuse on behalf of your Mom.

While you may be using the term in some sort of generic sense, there is no "we" here. Your mother is the interested party.

Last edited:

BlakJacksinn

And what kind of professional attorney would put his signature on a document as huge as this without having the owners present? He has a sheet of paper that has 2 deceived signatures on it and then types the info in. I know thats not right and I'm going to pursue whatever action I can take against him.

And the register of deeds too, whats his problem? Did the law change? Can I just go find a no morals attorney and get myself some properties too? I couldn't sleep at night knowing I was involved in a low down dirty deed like this and I'm sure you'd feel the same way.

And get this, she calls herself a Christian..?!? Christian means Christ like and this is the work of devils. To be so decieving and sneaky like that is just down right evil and wicked and to do it to your elderly parents makes it 10x worse. I'm just glad she dont have my last name anymore.

BlakJacksinn

***Mom should Go see an attorney who specializes in Estate/Probate matters.

Consider buying an hour or two of the attorney's time (bring all your documents, and do a written list of what has happened - prepare for the meeting to keep the attorney time/costs down). Have the attorney review the docs and advise you what corrective action is necessary.

Putting a disclaimer in your will will NOT work, if the house deed was changed, or a quit claim deed was signed. Also, other accounts, which do not pass through probate, may have been changed.

Mom should run her credit report to see if there is any suspicious activity (annualcreditreport.com is the free service), and someone should go over Mom's finances, to ensure there has not been theft of liquid assets.

Maybe it's a good time for Mom to get all her affairs in order.
She should consider completing a Will, Durable or Springing Power of Attorney-Financial, Power of Attorney-Medical, Declaration of Guardianship, Advance Directive, and HIPAA Release.
We've been on her over and over about that but now she's just so disgusted should barley talk and she cant sleep. She's 80 yrs old and dont need this at all. Especially from her daughter. Thats what makes this so terrible.

Thanks for the link I'm gonna bring my laptop down by her and help her do it.

BlakJacksinn

No, it would not be a "federal matter."

Go to local law enforcement. But don't be surprised if they decline to take criminal action against your sister. Maybe they will; maybe they won't.

You could also try contacting the local office of whatever state agency deals with elder abuse on behalf of your Mom.

While you may be using the term in some sort of generic sense, there is no "we" here. Your mother is the interested party.
Oh ya I understand that. I say we because I'm on her side and have to watch out for her and do all the work and stuff like that but ya I understand what your saying and appreciate it.

BlakJacksinn

On the quitclaim it says upon death the building will belong to my sister.

But they TRICKED her into signing it. There has to be legal action in something like that.

Thats criminal to me.

anteater

It says quit claim.
I take it that you are referring to the document that your sister induced your mother to sign. (?)

Must be a transfer on death deed, a type of deed that Wisconsin recognizes. I believe that some of us thought you were talking about a will.

Nobody is saying that what your sister did is alright. Only that the criminal justice system may take the view that: 1) it was not an outright forgery, 2) if they investigate, they will likely get conflicting stories from your mother and your sister about how things went down, 3) while your mother may be devastated, there is no financial loss yet and it can be undone, and 4) it could be difficult to get a conviction. Therefore, it may not be the best use of scarce criminal justice resources to pursue this.

That does not mean your mother should not try. It is time for the shotgun approach. Report the facts to anybody that will listen.

In the meantime, I really suggest that your mother consult with a real estate attorney on this. She really, really needs to make sure that this deed gets revoked correctly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">