• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disclosure of trust details

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Guzmeister

What is the name of your state? GA. To whom may be disclosed the details of a trust? For example, to whom could you disclose the names of the beneficiaries of a trust? In my opinion it would be any party to the trust or their authorized representative. Or to any court, law enforcement, or similar agency. Thanks.

seniorjudge

Guzmeister said:
What is the name of your state? GA. To whom may be disclosed the details of a trust? For example, to whom could you disclose the names of the beneficiaries of a trust? In my opinion it would be any party to the trust or their authorized representative. Or to any court, law enforcement, or similar agency. Thanks.
If you made the trust, you can tell anybody anything.

Dandy Don

There is no need to tell anyone the names of the beneficiaries. Only the beneficiaries and the trustees have the right to that information, as well as tax authorities.

seniorjudge

Dandy Don said:
There is no need to tell anyone the names of the beneficiaries. Only the beneficiaries and the trustees have the right to that information, as well as tax authorities.
That did not answer the question:

To whom may be disclosed the details of a trust?

Dandy Don

The question is too broad to be answered. We need more clarification by the poster as to his/her reasons for wanting this question answered.

gradstude13

usually, no one has the right to know what the details are in the living trust until that person dies. I was told this by a lawyer who told me it is not wise to let anyone know because from that point on, they could contersue or contest the trust. If you have a living trust and no one knows about it for ten years it is difficult to contest the trust, but if a person lets the beneficiataries know when a living trust is made then it is easier to attact the trust.

BlondiePB

gradstude13 said:
I was told this by a lawyer who told me it is not wise to let anyone know because from that point on, they could contersue or contest the trust. If you have a living trust and no one knows about it for ten years it is difficult to contest the trust, but if a person lets the beneficiataries know when a living trust is made then it is easier to attact the trust.
Oh, brother.... :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">