• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discovery of assets after probate is complete

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paul bartell

We discovered an issurance policy on my father who died in 1994. My Mom died in 1998 and we went through formal probate in Florida without knowing this policy existed. The insurance company needs to direct payment to my Mom or her estate. I do not live in Florida. Is this a messy enough situation that I should get the attorney involved again?

------------------
pb

ALawyer

It depends on the size of the policy, whether the estate was taxable, and who your mother's beneficiaries are and if they all are adults, if they all agree. But consulting the lawyer who assisted with your mothers estate won't be expensive.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">