• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disinheriting step kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

burntsteak

washington state, I stand to inherit a large farm. I have a son. Is there a form or document that my husband can sign that will insure that his children will have no claim to this farm in any way?

nextwife

Talk to an estate planning attorney. You need to figure out how to set up ownership so that it does not pass into your husband's estate. A trust may be appropriate, but an estate attorney can discuss all options that are appropriate.

S

seniorjudge

nextwife said:
Talk to an estate planning attorney. You need to figure out how to set up ownership so that it does not pass into your husband's estate. A trust may be appropriate, but an estate attorney can discuss all options that are appropriate.
To nexie's advice, I add today.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">