• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disinheritining/Disowning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

huntdriver

What is the name of your state? Texas. First of all let me apologise if I've posted this in the wrong forum. I'm new to this sort of thing and wasn't sure where to post it.
Without going into a lot of details does any one know the proceedure or where I can find out for disowning or disinheritining a family member?
Thank you.:

Some Random Guy

Have an attorney draft a properly crafted will that explicitly lists the relative and states that they will not receive a share of your estate. Make sure that your and your attorney have copies of the will and that it will be properly executed after your death.

Unless your family member is a minor child or you are their legal guardian, you don't have to do anything to disown them now since you are not obligated to do anything for them.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">