• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dispute in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jewels24

My family is currently involved in the closing out of an estate. The will was for our great-aunt, who had no other blood relatives left, and left everything to my mother her great niece. She died a year ago on Tuesday, and had a legal will. It was contested by a relative of her husbands, no blood relation to our aunt, who died 2 years ago, and left everything to his wife. The estate is supposed to be closed out next week. However, this relative brought a claim to a judge and he threw it out. This lady keeps harrassing my family, and says that the house is hers and says she is going to move in. She is actually at the house right now. After calling the police, they said that no one should be on the property and, aren't able to do anything about it. Our lawyer sucks. What should we do, there has to be something....

A

advisor10

MAY 25, 2001

DEAR JEWELS24:

Who is the executor of the estate? That is the person who is responsible for beginning the eviction process (after consulting with a local attorney who is experienced in this type of work or consulting with the police about the eviction process).

During the probate process, has it been decided who is going to be the legal owner of the house?

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">