• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dissolving an irrevocable trust and moving inheritance into an LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tranquility

If all the beneficiaries are at the same level, as they seem to be here, wouldn't it? (Unless by "equally" you mean the same rather than the equivalent.)

wh2oh

Thanks again all,

I have a far better understanding of this today than I did yesterday. I will look into how the titles are currently set-up and hopefully find out what the basis' are.

Thanks a gazillion Tranquility, you have been extremely helpful!

~Will~:)

anteater

If all the beneficiaries are at the same level, as they seem to be here, wouldn't it? (Unless by "equally" you mean the same rather than the equivalent.)
I simply meant that the OP seemed to be using per stirpes as a synonym for an equal or "share and share alike" distribution between the children. A devise/bequest/gift could still be per stirpes even if the beneficiary is not receiving an equal share of the probate estate/trust.

Anyway, the least of the questions/issues to be addressed in this case....

Last edited:

cello211

info

Thanks again all,

I have a far better understanding of this today than I did yesterday. I will look into how the titles are currently set-up and hopefully find out what the basis' are.

Thanks a gazillion Tranquility, you have been extremely helpful!

~Will~:)

Hi I'm sort of in the same situation -- wondering how everything turned out for you? Any info you can share would be great -- did you go with the LLC?

thanks

quincy

Hi I'm sort of in the same situation -- wondering how everything turned out for you? Any info you can share would be great -- did you go with the LLC?

thanks
cello211, the original poster (wh2oh) has not shown any forum activity since October 2011.

You would be better served by starting your own thread with your own questions instead of tacking questions onto a thread from the FA archives. Please include the name of your state when you start your own thread.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">