• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Distibution time frame

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjack

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

It has been 6 months since last post and will is "still" in audit at the state (NJ) Inheritance Tax dept. Actually 1 year since it got there on someones desk. I call Exects lawyer who is handling the will and all they tell me is that it "takes a long time, and will be in touch". I am one of three benificeries on my Aunt's estate. The exect was also the POA . Do you think there is something wrong why it is taking so long for this will to be distributed? My Aunt passed away 5/05, had a will, house which POA sold. Seemed all i's were dotted and t's were crossed as far as the will went. Inheritance tax paid 11/05. So what's the deal? Time for me to get someone who will represent me and get some answers? I did receive yearly accounting of aunt's monies and how it was spent while she was alive and in a nursing home, but to me alot of money was spent on foolish things she didn't need. She had Alzheimer's very bad. Do you think the State auditor saw that and is investigating the POA and her spending? I'm at wit's end and don't know what to do. Please advise :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">