• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to wait

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Debt

What is the name of your state?MA

Hello -

I've been trying to purchase a property from a family member for a while but recently found out that I need to have the heirs of two aunts that have died sign off on the deed.

All parties have agreed to sell the house to me, the problem is that neither one of my aunts that have died have had their estates probated.

My questions is do I need to way until the estates have been probated in court in order for me to buy the house or is it enough that all parties have agreed to sell and that I just need them to sign something to that effect. I assume that probate is more for the division of proceeds received from the selling of the house and thus something for the sellers and not me as the buyer to worry about.

Any advice would be helpful

thanks

H

hexeliebe

Each house is an asset of the seperate estates and MUST go through probate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">