• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does wife of deceased husband need a probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ravynt444

My husband passed away recently and I can't find our wills.I am having problems with the Mortgage Co. giving me information about the Loan. I aquired the Home while my husband was over Seas with both our names on the original contract.

My husband later purchased a Home Equity Loan in his name only without my knowledge.I signed all the papers my husband signed,thinking my name would be on the Loan. I told the Loan Co. to put my name on there too. The payments
are behind and have been increased sense my husband passed. I was told by the Co. I couldn't get any information until they recieve a death certificate and a power of attorney because my name is not on the Loan. I mailed the certificate almost two weeks ago,but they say they haven't received it.

The Loan Co. will be foreclosing the Loan I was told. How can a Loan be given to one spouse when both names were on the original contract and why do I need a probate?. Shortly before my husband passed away he told me the home would be paid for if he didn't recover from his illiness. I thought under Texas laws if there is no will and one spouse passes away the other spouse would not need a will when it came to community property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">