• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DTrevellion - Believe inheritance is being withheld.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anteater

Kind of tough to respond when you close the thread.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
My Grandmother passed away in December of last year. In January my Mother
informed me that I would be receiving a small cash sum from her will. Not long after this my parents and I became estranged and I have been told nothing else. My strong suspicion is that my parents may have paid the amount to my ex-wife. My grandmother was a resident of Pennsylvania. How do I go about finding out about the will on my own privately to determine if I have been excluded?
Contact the Orphans' Court in the county in which your Grandmother resided to inquire about probate of her estate.

Nobody can say if it is a cause for concern. Six to 12 months (maybe longer if it is a complicated estate) is generally a reasonable amount of time for administration of an estate. Other than an initial notice to beneficiaries and heirs that probate is being initiated, in PA, the personal representative is not required to communicate with the beneficiaries until the time comes to conclude administration and make any distributions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">