• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

durable power of attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justcurious

wa.state my aunt has durable power of attorney regarding my grandparents. my grandpa is in a home and he is in the late stages of alzheimers. my grandma is eighty-three years old and has had two broken hips and is also showing signs of senility. we have a huge, supportive family that wants nothing but the best for the both of them. we all live sixty-five to ninety miles from her. we take turns going into town to give her rides and take her shopping, but she needs to move in with one of us. my cousin and her husband are living with her but they have full time jobs. there are a few people who are not related to her taking advantage of her. she will be angry but, the family (including my aunt) wants to hire an attorney to deem her incompetent, sell her home, and let the family hire a nurse part-time. there is a large amount of money involved, so my aunt wants to make sure that all of the beneficiaries are fairly treated. she is tired of the resposibility that has been placed on her. i love my grandma but, she cannot take care of herself. should we hire a lawyer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">