• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DVA pension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nigelgreenan

A lady I know was recieving her deceased husband's Navy pension, she also is claiming to have been living common-law with a man for 20 years. This second man has recently passed away. Can she receive his pension, along with her widower's pension at the same time?I believe she filed "single" on her income tax all the years she claimed to be common-law. This lady is contesting his will and asking for half of his estate. Does she have any chance of winning her case? She was listed as a "friend" in the man's will, and was supposed to receive money, and also a car
Thank you in advance for your reply.

I almost forgot-I live on Prince Edward Island, Canada

ALawyer

While many of the issues on this board are applicable to Canada and the US, this question depends so much on very local law that I can't speculate on it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">