• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dying Intestate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RUCE

What is the name of your state? GEORGIA
My Dad Died As The Result Of Someone Running A Red Light.he Did Not Have A Will. My Siblings And I Have Sought Legal Advice. One Wants To Be Administer.
Does The Administer Have Right To Decide Were And When Monies Will Go ? One Wants Others To Quit Claim Deed Of Land. I Understand Quit Claim. To Be Final. No Rights To Land Or No Rights For Dependents. Is This Correct. I Think The Land Should Be Deeded Out Among Children. The If One Wants To Give Or Sell There Share There Part. They May Do So At Anytime. If The Administrator Goes To Probate Telling One Wishes Can The Adminitrator Do That. Or Should Someone Else Be Administrator? No Papaers Have Been Signed To Legally Make Anyone Administrator As Of Yet?

lwpat

Sorry for your loss. The correct term is personal representative of the estate. One person is responsible for paying the bills and distributing the remainder of the estate to the heirs. Who gets what is determined by state law. My suggestion would be for you to visit the probate court and let one of the clerks explain the process and give you a copy of the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">