• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Elder abuse in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ehustlin

My father has demetia and in now in a full care home. Before he got into this home a person con-ed him into signing over a % of his property to them and now he is deeded as tenants in common. This guy has 3 different stories on how and why he is entitled to this property and I have collected evidence to poke holes in all 3 of his stories. My question is do I have a criminal case with this guy intemidateing and threating my father to put his name on this deed. Also there is a matter of the transfer tax fees fraud. There were no taxes acessed on this addition or title transfer where as the defendant claims that he paid money for this property. Or do we have a small claims case, civil suit (if so what type of civil suit) or somthing else?

ALawyer

The likelihood of getting the DA involved in a case like this is rather small, unless the facts are VERY clear or the con man is someone who the DA is really out to get.

You do have a CIVIL suit and I'd go that way. Get a lawyer to handle it -- I think the law has a provsion for treble damages and collecting attoneys fees if you win...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">