• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Elder father getting ripped..help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Deb Lynn

My stepsister is trying to screw my father out of his home and I need help. My stepmother passed in Jan. 01 and in her will she did not mention my father, her husband of 23 years. He became disabled in 91 and she had him declared incapable of handling his own affairs and had been receiving and spending my father's soc. security check since. She wrote her will w/no mention of my father. She wanted her daughter to have their car, home, and and their personal belongings including furniture, etc.

My brother and I are fighting this with all we've got but my stepsister's attorney is saying it was seperate property. We have a copy of the cashier's check to the abstract co. showing payee as both my father and her. The settlement papers also show both parties. I could not find the bank records to show that the account was in both names but since the cashier's check was in both names issued on the bank.

We live in Texas, a community property state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">