• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

elder law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

adee

california. my mother is 88yrs old and is unable to take care of her finances. she is still attempting to drive although her driver's liscence is suspended. i am concerned that she may hurt somone else or herself. her primary physician, minister and several community members will attest to the fact that she is unable to properly care for herslef. she has opened herself up to be defrauded by others by carrying around large sums of cash and sharing her personal financial information with strangers as well as accepting rides from strangers. i need help! i am attempting to protect my mother and the estate that my father worked so hard to provide for her up unitl the time of his death. what are my options? she is very stubborn and will not let me help her or take any advice. my father left a living trust and made me and my uncle executors over the estate, but that was in the event that my mother also passed away. please help. it is a bad situation.

ALawyer

The trust may also provide that you take control of the assets therein in the event of your mother's incapacity. A lawyer ought to review it, now. The trust likely would not cover asets outside the trust your mother may have.

It sounds as if there may be some dementia and a conservator may need to be appointed in that case to protect her against herself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">