• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

elderly father, we share deed of house, no will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

patchgold1

What is the name of your state?Kansas
When my mother passed away 4 years ago, my father asked us to come & live in his house & pay rent, we did. Last year he added my name to the deed as a joint tenacy with the rights of surviorship. Here is my problem, my father who is 75 years old, has no will, & has been seeing a women that is 43 years old. He has paid for some of her bills, taken her out to eat almost daily, pays to have her car & other things fixed, bought hundreds of dollars worth of gifts for her, & I think he has given her some of my mothers rings!! He is racked up a lot of credit card debt, I'm guessing close to $50,000.00, he seems think that his credit card debt will just disappear when he dies & that the house cannot be taken from me! Won't they make me sell the house or come up with his half of the value of the house? I think this lady is taking advantage of me dad, but he will not hear anything negative about her, I'm not sure he is using good judgement, can my sisters or myself do anything about this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">