• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eon145

Its been over two years and my mothers estate has not be closed. There are 5 children and each one is supposed to get a house. the executer keeps putting it off. How long should it take and what can I do to get things settled so I can get my house that was willed to me. Also over those two years he has collected the money from the homes that are being rented out. Should that money that was collected be split to the children the homes were willed to and if he spent it all is he liable to pay that to the others after all the fees are payed. Please help we all hurt. thank you

[This message has been edited by eon145 (edited November 09, 2000).]

A

advisor10

See A Local Probate/Estate Attorney As Soon as Possible

11-14-2000

You really do need to speak with a local attorney in your area who specializes in estate/probate matters or business law. There are specific laws that deal with the types of questions you have. The first consultation is usually free just for them to size up what type of case you have.

With you being entitled to such a substantial and valuable asset (a house), you need specific advice on what to do. And you also need the attorney in order for him to send the other parties a letter advising them that he will be checking out what they are doing (collecting rents, processing the will) to make sure that you get your fair share and that things are being done properly.

Don't worry about the cost--they probably charge by the hour or on a contingency basis--some type of payment arrangement can be worked out. Don't wait too long or you could lose your house! Do something as soon as possible.

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">