• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estate Executor & Deed Owner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AmhRN12

i live in maryland, but the house is in pennsylvania. my mother passed away 5 months ago. prior to passing, she transferred the deed to her home in philadelphia to two of my brothers so that the debtors couldn't take the house as part of her estate. she wanted the house to be sold and split between my three brothers and myself. i was her caretaker and the executor of her last will. in that she states that i am to divide her belongings amongst family members. my brothers have locked me out of my mother's home and will not give me access to anything in it. my mother had me write out her wishes regarding every item in her home right before she passed and she showed it to my brothers. they say it isn't valid because it is in my handwriting and without legal witness. they have already begun throwing away some of the items in the house. do i have a right to the contents of the house as the executor of the estate, even though the house is in their names? i don't want the house itself, only the contents to go to their rightful owners as my mother wanted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">