• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estate/Furniture

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

b_boop40

Florida. my stepfather died in Feb. the only thing he had was a house in his name with a mortgage loan with his and my mother's name on the house. she is turning the house back to the bank. there is no will. he has 3 daughters. does my mom have the right to do what she wants with the furniture? they want some but they would not sign a waiver so she could sell the house to pay off the loan.

L

loku

Florida intestate estate

In Florida, the widow of a person, who had children and who died without a will, is entitled to the first $20,000 of the estate, plus one/half of the remaining estate. In your case, it sounds like the estate was not worth more than $20,000; therefore, the widow is entitled to the entire estate. That includes furniture.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">