• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estate inventory

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

baylor2011

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I understand that large items (house, land, cars, etc) are inventoried and appraised by professionals. What about personal property like furniture, electronics, guns, knick knacks, etc?
Do you appraise them at what you think they can be sold for, to the best of your knowledge? This may be less than their true value because when you are forced to liquidate you take what you can get.
So how does the probate judge see this? Have you done anything wrong by giving low appraisals for quick liquidation? I don't want to get into trouble but household and other personal property can sometime be hard to sell.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

What I'm most concerned about is disposing of the gun collection. The price guide is full retail that a dealer will sell at. I would like to sell to a dealer (less than retail or course). What price do I put on inventory?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">