• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estate Property Transfer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ramona

I live in MD and dealing with My Moms estate for 3 years. I have paid for virtually everything, expenses, mortgage taxes bills and clean out of the house. The estate is indebted to be beyond the equity in the house. How would I transfer the property from the estate to myself which is the executor to repay the debt owed to me. Would a quit claim deed do this for me or is there a better transferal and one with as little expense as possible. I am exhausted.
Thank You
Ramona

ALawyer

One of the reasons you are exhausted is that you seem to have tried to do it yourself instead of getting legal help.

A lawyer would have made it FAR easier and likely have saved you far more money than holding on to the house for 3 years while paying taxes, expenses, heat, insurance and repairs.

I don't know who the other possible beneficiaries of the estate are or your rleationship with them or what filings you still have to do with Maryland or the courts. While a quit claim deed may do it, my advice to you is spend a few hundred dollars to get a lawyer's advice now. It is less costly than making a mistake and not having clear title when it come time to sell the property.

R

Ramona

Al Lawyer

Thanks for the reply the problem is I have had an attorney and he has been no real help just agrevating. I have suggested a quit claim deed and he said he was not sure if it would work. I have had no help on this estate I have been alone and the siblings could care less about anything. Do I need their signatures or permission to file the quit claim deed. Thanks for your quick answer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">