• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estate stolen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ibugppl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA (happened in CA)

Basically my grandfather died two years ago from cancer and his will says that everything is left to my grandmother. However my grandmother was rendered incompetent because of a stroke 4-5 years back and is in no way able to manage any kind of money. My aunt shortly after my grandfather died had my grandmother sign papers that opened a joint bank account in both of their names and of course my grandmother has no memory of this ever happening.

Now this would not be much of a problem except my aunt is spending the money irresponsibly on things like TV's, laptops and shoes. Is their any way to get this reversed. All that I want is to see that my grandmother is adequately taken care of and the bills are managed.

ibugppl

Who takes care of grandmother?
My mom does. My aunt use to pay her as compensation but my mom is getting to the point where she can no longer take care of her because my aunt is blowing all of the money and wont pay my mom.

LdiJ

My mom does. My aunt use to pay her as compensation but my mom is getting to the point where she can no longer take care of her because my aunt is blowing all of the money and wont pay my mom.
Then your mom needs get legal guardianship of your mother so that she can have her money redirected to an account that does not have your aunt's name on it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">