• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction After Parents Death From Siblings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SASSYSAID

What is the name of your state?CALIFORNIA
I AM THE OLDEST OF 6 LIVING CHILDREN.ONE BROTHER WAS KILLED 2 YEARS AGO.I HAVE FOR THE PAST 17 YEARS LIVED AND WAS THE PRIMARY CARE TAKER OF MY PARENTS.MOTHER DIED 1 YEAR AGO,DAD JUST PASSED IN JAN.
MY LIVING SIBLINGS WANT TO EVICT ME FROM MY PARENTS HOME TO WHICH HAS BEEN MY HOME FOR 17 YEARS SO IT MAY BE SOLD AND THE MONEY DEVIDED EQUALLY.DO I HAVE ANY RIGHTS TO CONTINUE LIVING HERE?CAN THEY THROW ME OUT?MY PARENTS HAD A LIVING TRUST I BELIEVE THAT SAID TO EQUALLY DEVIDE THIER ESTATE.

rmet4nzkx

Was there any understanding, contract, agreement that you were to receive compensation in return for being the caretaker of your parents? The value might be used to offset their claims to the estate, in other words if they had been put in care facilities or used mediical then the resources of the estate would have been used up or the state would have a lein, so in other words you need to calculate the reasonable value of your caretaking. Does the estate have any other assets? DO you have any other source of income or employment?

SASSYSAID

Eviction After Parents Death By Siblings

THANK YOU rmet4nzkx,in answer to your ?'s,there was never any agreement to receive compensation for care of parents.never even a thank you from the other sisters and brother.i held an out side job but all other aspects of life became centered on my parents.my siblings went on camping trips,vactions,etc,together,i stayed home with my parents.not once did any of them offer to help out with my parents.had i not been there,yes my parents would have been put in a home,depleting thier resources.thier estate consists of the family house of 40 plus years,a savings account,and numous cds',of which i have no clue what the values are.

rmet4nzkx

But obviously you had some sort of agreement or understanding with your parents that may not have been amended in the trust, See what I mean? You can prove what you did, they cannot. You are a creditor.

Just to figure the value of your time, figure $10 times 8 hrs/7days/52 weeks/17 years and the value of your caretaking comes to $495,040, how much is the house worth? Find out the cost for their care per month in an assisted living center, compare the two, You have proved the existance of a contract by your conduct CA Evidence code 622-623. Expect a fight by your selfish siblings, I suggest you consult an attorney, who is the administrator of the trust?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">