• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exectrix question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hangnail

The reason I ask is because she doesn't want to be paid for her help but I want to give her something. It's just that I can't afford to do it right now, but I can once I'm gone.

I was also wondering if there was a form to fill out to make her the executrix or if just putting it in my Will will suffice?

Thanks so much

seniorjudge

Q: I was also wondering if there was a form to fill out to make her the executrix or if just putting it in my Will will suffice?

A: You appoint your personal representative in your will. Your lawyer will explain all the details.

hangnail

Thanks for your answer. The reason I ask is that I'm making out a temporary Will right now (one of those hand written things that I can't remember the name of off hand) willing all my stuff to the Humane Society.... until I can find out if I can locate my daughter that I had to adopt out when she was born. If I don't find her (and actually, even if I do) this is when I plan to go to a lawyer and have the Will done up right. I just don't want to go now and have a lawyer go to the trouble of making up a Will to go to the Humane Society and then come in later and have him/her change the whole thing if I find my daughter. Would I be safe doing it the way I plan to do it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">