• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

klater

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

In a irrevocable trust/will - two houses plus stocks total probably $800,000, can the executor(my sister) use the monies that came from the sale of one house ($175,000) for other things? By other things, I mean, the executor is living in the house $600,000 (unemployed) for the two years since the death of our parent. Can she use the monies from the sold house for like electric, gas, remodeling of the other house? Wondering if this will cause her to act even slower than she is in selling the other house.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

anteater

First, a trust is different from a will. A trust is administered by a trustee. A probate estate is administered by an executor (I believe OH uses the term "personal representative") and one of the executor's duties is to carry out the provisions of a will.

Nobody on an internet forum can say for certain, but it certainly seems that there is cause for believing that your sister is abusing her position.

I suggest that you take a copy of the trust (or the will, i that is what you actually meant) to a probate/estate attorney.

curb1

klater,

Do you have a copy of the trust? Is sister the trustee? Are there provisions in the trust that address your situation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">