• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

executor de son tort

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

protectivemom

What is the name of your state? my ex-husband lived Ga, but we live in Al. my ex died intestate. my son is his only child. we were notified of his death a few days after wife #4 had been awarded "year's support from his estate" (equity in his house valued at $150,000 and vehichles @ $20,000). she knew how to locate us so we are feeling hostile. i called her and found her to be anxious to hide info. she said she had already disposed of personal belongings . she also said "how did you find out about his death" ( her attorney had mailed my son a letter) she went on to say her attorney had been obsessed with finding my son. her attorney sent papers,asking my son to sign a waiver of bond and certain rights. he refused so attorney has now rescinded her petition to be administrator.
fyi-decedent had only been married to this wife one year
does my son have cause for legal remedy?

lwpat

Yes. You need to contact a probate attorney in Georgia at once.

Check the links on this page for one in the county your exhusband resided. If no one is listed click on profile and send me an email and I will forward some other resources.

Dandy Don

Your son is entitled to a share of this estate, but first you need to speak to the estate attorney who rescinded the wife's petition to be administrator--now that he knows the wife is not being fully cooperative in informing beneficiaries, he may be sympathetic enough to tell you what your son is legally entitled to, without your having to pay another attorney. If attorney feels that this information is confidential or that he is obligated to represent the wife's interests only, then of course you and your son would need to retain your own probate attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">