• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor of estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

runninbac

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN

My mom made me Executor of her estate and I need to know what my responibiltys will be when she passes, she has a house with with a 2nd mortatge of 28,000 left to pay on her house, she is the only person on the deed, she only has 5,000 dollars of life insurance, 6,500 in 401k money and 20,000 ina reitement acoount and about 3,000 in the bank,Iam currently her POA to maintane her bills,i want to know what I need to do to keep the house after she passes, and do i need to file the Executor of estste paperwork with a court if so which court,also she has some medical bills that havent been paid by her insurance she applied for medicad but they told her to rent or sell the house to be approved, help me please..

anteater

Duplicate post

Please don't post the same question in different forums.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/elder-law-powers-attorney-living-wills-advance-health-care-directives-115/i-am-executor-estate-542463.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">