• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

As executor of an estate should i be carefull what my family wants me to sign?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjgreen3

What is the name of your state:Oregon

I am the executor of my mothers estate and i have 2 other brothers and a sister. My mothers estate clearly states that if something happens to on of the siblings then their portion of the estate would go to their decendents (kids, family etc). Neither of my brothers have any children etc. One of them is trying to force my to sign and have notorized a document stating..(exact wording except for names):

"I (insert me as execuators name), Executor of the (familys last name) family trust, do except and believe that (Brothers wifes name) to be the soul and true only beneficiary to (brothers name here)".

Dated and notorized.

I do not know this to be a fact, this is only what he has told me. He will not tell me why he wantes me to do this.My questions is why would he want something like this signed and notorized by myself? I dont feel comfortable with signing something that could bite me back in the end. If you might know what this would be about please feel free to post a reply. I apreicate your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">