• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor Fee?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tazman

Is an executor entitled to a fee or percentage, even if they arent lawyers but are family? If so, what is the going rate?

ps- Thanks for providing this service. These forums are extremely Helpful when you don't know where to go with a problem.

A

advisor10

01-11-2001

Yes, the executor is entitled to a fee for the performance of his services and it doesn't matter whether or not he or she was a relative.

When posting your message, you should have included a mention of the state where you live. Each state has a different percentage rate of allowable executor fees--if you want a quicker answer, then you could review your state law at your local library, but I can try to find the answer for you if you post a follow-up message that mentions what state you live in.

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

CobraZorro

executor fee

The original question wasn't mine but I would be very interested in knowing the "fee" permisable in
the state of Texas.

Thanks

A

advisor10

(01-13-2001)

FOR TEXAS: Executor's Fee is 5% of incoming and outgoing cash.

FOR NORTH CAROLINA: Executor's Fee is up to 5% of incoming cash and outgoing cash (paid out for expenses/debts). If the estate is less than $2,000, the court clerk sets the fee.

(PLEASE NOTE:)
The reference book I took this information from was dated 1994, so it is likely you will want to know whether or not these fee rates have been updated. To do this, please call the probate court in your county (in relation to the city where the person died) and the clerk will most likely be able to answer your question over the phone.

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">