• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor of a trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kis8

Help I have a question on living trust

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California
My father named my sister and I as co executor's of his trust, he is widowed and now re-married. The trust was drafted prior to the marriage and in case of his death there are four children to split the trust, my concern is his new wife wants him to sell the house I want to know if we will be notified by the attorneys when he takes the house out of the trust in order to place it on the market? and is there anything we can do to prevent him from removing the trust in the first place? He is elderly and she is not so we are very concerned about her getting his money. Last if he does sell the house and they purchase another, then he passes, can we sue the ex for the amount he sold the home for? Please help, any response is appreciated.

Last edited:

Dandy Don

There is no need to notify you--he has the right to change/revise his trust if he wants to and that is a private matter.

You need to be discussing this matter with him to find out what you are going to be left with in the trust and hope that wifey doesn't get him to change more than the house. He has the right to leave wifey something so that the trust won't be contested by her.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">